Right so! I've finally managed to import the rest of the archives over from the previous version of the blog. You'll notice that some of the pictures are missing - this is because I don't have those photos in an easily post-able format at the moment. With luck over the next few months I'll go through and start adding those back in. The posts that do have pictures date after I started posting my photos over on flickr, which also roughly corresponds to when I got my bridge camera. In November last year, Stephen gifted me my first DSLR, which I'm really excited about and have been taking pictures manically to get used to the settings before our big trip to Israel next week (more on that in the next post). Thank you darling!
It was great to read through those adventures again, and it really brings home what a wonderful aide de memoire having this blog is. It makes me more than a little sad to think of all those trips we've taken in between that are not only much harder to share, but also fading with every passing day. If anything could renew my commitment to the blog, that would be it! Expect more from us from here on out.
Fortunately, not all is lost as I have been (fairly) good at keeping my photographs up to date, and so in lieu of posts you can feel free to explore at least the visual side of most of our travels. I've linked to them below along with a brief blurb where needed. If there is any trip that you would particularly like to see a specific post (or series of posts) on, leave me a comment!
Bits of London
- Kensington Museums (with my photography friends)
- Pride Parade 2008
- Open Gardens Weekend 2008
- Hampton Court (with several photography friends)
- Steam Museum (with our friend Rachel)
- Kew Gardens x2! Once with my photography friends & once with Rachel
- Stephen's stint as a mad scientist (part of the One & Other Project)
- Photography Rally in Trafalgar Square (I'm a Photographer Not a Terrorist civil rights campaign)
Rambles (ie walks in the country)
- Chess Valley
- Tring (a revisit to our first walk)
- Faversham (with our friends Femke & Paul)
- Chilterns (with our friends Annji & Christopher)
- Isle of Wight (also with Annji & Christopher)
- Dartmoor (again with Annji & Christopher)
- Sussex (including a trip through several wineries)
- White Cliffs (the first set with my new DSLR!)
Around the UK
- Bath (with my mom)
- Stratford Upon Avon for the Shakespeare Festival
- Sailing in Ipswich (with our friend Bobby)
- Brugges (again with photography friends)
- Dublin (with my brother & wife)
- NYC (with my mom, her boyfriend, my brother & his wife)
- Baltic Cruise(with Stephen's parents, taking in Stockholm, Helsinki, Saint Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk & Oslo)
- Med Cruise (with my mom taking in St. Tropez, Sanary-sur-Mer, Barcelona, Bonifacio, Amalfi, Capri & Sorrento)
Any chance I can get copies of the Ipswich photos?ReplyDelete
Of course! I'll bring a set to Paris in March.ReplyDelete
Did you also see the ones from our previous Paris trip in April 2010? Let me know if you want any of those too and I'll order them all together.